Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference for the Executive Group
The Executive Group acts on behalf of the Ministry of Justice to provide the business oversight and operational management functions of the Academy for Justice Commissioning.
- To plan, implement and manage objectives as identified in the Annual Business Plan
- To specify, oversee and co-ordinate the outputs of the core work groups – Strategy & Communications, Membership Services and Learning and Development, and provide appropriate authority where required
- To ensure appropriate financial management and control
- To ensure appropriate engagement with stakeholders within the justice sector and maintain links with other relevant government departments, private and 3rd sector, academics and organisations as identified / necessary.
- To review and revise the structure of the Academy to meet the identified objectives
- To ensure that the Academy’s principles and ethics, as laid out in the Academy’s Charter, are applied throughout the structure and services supplied to members
Academy Executive Group Membership
A Chair and Vice Chair will be elected by the members of the Executive Group and the tenure will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Members of the Executive Group are co-opted by invitation.
Current Executive Group Membership
David Keegan – Legal Aid Agency (Chair)
Simon Marshall – Commissioning & Commercial Directorate, National Offender Management Service (Vice Chair)
Janet Cullinan – Academy for Justice Commissioning
Martin Blake – London Probation Trust
John Graham – HR Learning & Development, National Offender Management Service
Marios Leptos - Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service
Patsy Northern – Department of Health
Mark Ormerod – Probation Association
Hywel Thomas – Justice Policy Group, Ministry of Justice
Ed Tullett – HMP Brixton
Tessa Webb – Hertfordshire Probation Trust
Kerry Wood – Legal Aid Agency