This Charter sets out our commitment and the standards of service the Academy for Justice Commissioning aim to provide.
The Academy for Justice Commissioning seeks to identify and promote excellence in justice commissioning.
By setting standards and raising commissioner capability we will support the transformation of justice services to deliver best value and enable improved effectiveness and increased public confidence in the justice system.
The Academy’s objectives are to:
- Strengthen the reputation of justice commissioning by driving up standards and increasing value for money
- Identify and share good practice in public service commissioning
- Enable professional development amongst justice commissioners through providing learning and development opportunities
- Seek to provide a challenging learning environment by actively encouraging networking and debate
- Provide easy access to best practice through effective commissioning knowledge management
- Sponsor and stimulate relevant research
- Promote the accreditation of learning provision in justice commissioning and related subjects, and the attainment of standards marks by learning providers.
- Strengthening links with other commissioning stakeholders through active networking, collaboration and partnership working
The Executive Group and the Academy are committed to:
- being professional, courteous and helpful
- being approachable, open and accountable
- being inclusive and sensitive to specific needs
- seeking views and acting accordingly
- providing appropriate challenge
- providing clear and accurate information in easy to understand language
- being responsive to member enquiries
- striving to continuously improve or exceed the standard of the Academy’s work